~ E. Joseph Cossman, Entrepreneur
Laser focus is an essential component of an entrepreneur’s success. Without clearly defined goals, a written plan to support those goals, and a concentrated focus on achieving them, obstacles often appear larger than they actually are. This results is energy being expended around the obstacle, instead of around the goal.
So how can you keep your eyes on your goals?
1. Write them out! A 1974 Harvard Study revealed that:
- 84% of those surveyed had no specific goals at all
- 13% had goals but they were not committed to paper
- 3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them
- The three percent who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together
2. Read your goals DAILY! Leverage creative ways to keep them in front of you. Some examples include
- Tape your goals to your mirror and read them first thing in the morning
- Create a “goals” screen saver
- Leave yourself a voicemail with your goals, and don’t delete it so that you listen to it each time you check your messages
3. Get a coach or accountability partner and review your goals with them on a regular basis. You can’t manage what you don’t measure and this will force you to do both
Here’s to your success in keeping your goals in front of you and your obstacles behind you!